Job Vacancy For: Junior IT Support Engineer – IT in Primary Schools
About Con Ed Ltd
Con Ed is a successful small Watford-based business. For the last 15 years, we have been supplying IT Support and Managed Services to primary schools in the area. Our team provides trusted IT management and technical support to over 40 schools and we are expanding through reputation and word of mouth.
As a Junior IT Support Engineer, you would be carrying out all aspects of IT support for local primary schools. This would be onsite, as well as remotely and via phone/email. The role involves monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks, installing and configuring hardware, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems.
Another vital part of the job is to develop and maintain a close relationship to our customers. This is a full time position, visiting 2 to 3 schools daily during term time. Some work can be carried out from home. During school holidays, we work on large projects and installations.
The person we are looking for:
- Has a genuine interest and enthusiasm for technology
- Enjoys helping other people and is prepared to go ‘the extra mile’
- Has excellent communication and listening skills
- Has strong time-management skills and the ability to set priorities
- Is inquisitive and keen to learn
- Is able to take direction and work both independently and with team members
- Has good diagnostic skills, a methodical approach and attention to detail
- Experience in IT Support is a definite plus
- Onsite at primary schools in and around Watford (Hertfordshire)
- Some support tasks can be carried out from home
- The ideal candidate will live within 15 miles of Watford
‘Must Have’ Practical requirements
- Own car
- Full clean driving licence
- Eligible to work in the UK
- We must be able obtain DBS check for all successful applicants
- You must be able to provide a clear Disqualification Declaration
- DIY skills a definite plus
We are looking for someone to be able to make an immediate contribution, ideally with some experience in IT Support, however, initial training will be provided.
- Windows 7/8/10 professional
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- General office applications (E.g. MS Office)
- PC Hardware knowledge (replacing hard drives, power supplies etc.)
- Networks (wired and wireless)
- Software installation
- Interactive whiteboards/projectors
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of the above
- Scripted installations
- Visual basic programming
- Google G-Suite
- Apple IOS and app management
- MS Office 365
- Enjoying the feeling of ‘making a difference’
- Learning new skills and keeping abreast of the latest technology
- Appreciate a challenge and work for a growing business
- Being a key member of a dedicated team with exceptionally helpful colleagues
- Varied and friendly work environment
- Where it is in line with our business needs, we encourage and support members of our team to develop in other areas of their personal interest
- Salary dependent on experience, knowledge and skills
- 20 days holidays (plus 8 bank holidays) p.a. (Full-time)
- Mobile phone, laptop and iPad provided
How to apply:
This position requires excellent communication skills, therefore, we will only review CVs from candidates that send a short cover letter and their CV.
To apply, please Click Here and complete the required fields.
Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications from anyone not currently living in the UK.
We look forward to hearing from you.