Job Vacancy For: Junior Support Hero – ICT in Primary Schools
Con Ed is a small, successful, Watford-based company. We have been supplying and supporting primary schools in the area for the last 15 years. We provide trusted virtual IT management and technical support to the schools’ management teams. Currently, we are expanding through reputation and word of mouth.
Junior front line support role providing onsite, telephone, email and remote support to primary schools in and around Watford. Regular weekly visits of approximately 2-3 hours per school during term time. Large project and installation work during school holidays.
What type of person are we looking for?
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong time-management skills and ability to set priorities
- Enjoys helping other people and is friendly, positive, inquisitive, approachable, confident
- Prepared to go the ‘extra mile’ and is patient, approachable and flexible
- Someone inquisitive who ‘owns the problem’
- Looking for opportunities of improvement in our schools and our company
- Able to take direction and work both independently and with team members
- Good diagnostic skills, a methodical approach and attention to detail
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for technology
Hours and location
- Onsite at primary schools in and around Watford
- Some support tasks can be carried out from home
- The ideal candidate will live within 15 miles of Watford
- Full Time (visiting 2 to 3 schools per day)
- Flexible working hours can be accommodated for the ‘perfect’ candidate
‘Must Have’ Practical requirements
- Full clean driving license
- Own car
- Eligible to work in the UK
- We must be able obtain DBS check for all successful applicants
- You must be able to provide a clear Disqualification Declaration
- DIY skills a definite plus
We are looking for someone to be able to make an immediate contribution but are happy to provide training as appropriate.
- Windows 7/8/10 professional
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2019
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- General office applications (E.g. MS Office)
- PC Hardware knowledge (replacing hard drives, power supplies etc)
- Networks (wired and wireless)
- Software installation
- Interactive whiteboards/projectors
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of the above
- Scripted installations
- Visual basic programming
- Google G-Suite
- Apple iOS and App Management
- MS Office 365
- Enjoying the feeling of ‘making a difference’
- Learning new skills and keeping abreast of the latest technology
- Appreciate a challenge and work for a growing business
- Being a key member of a dedicated team with exceptionally helpful colleagues
- Varied and friendly work environment
- Where it is in line with our business needs, we encourage and support staff to develop in other areas of their personal interest
- Salary dependent on experience, knowledge and skills
- 20 days holidays p.a. (full-time)
- Mobile phone, laptop and iPad provided
How to apply:
This position requires excellent communication skills, therefore, we will only review CVs from candidates that send a short cover letter and their CV.
To apply, please Click Here and complete the required fields.
We look forward to hearing from you.