Con Ed Ltd. Privacy Statement
30 April 2019
This privacy statement covers the data processed within our website, Help Desk and business information systems.
Privacy matters and Con Ed Ltd. (referred to herein as Con Ed) is committed to keeping your information safe. This privacy statement explains what personal information we collect, why we collect it, and how we use it. We hope our policy is clear and easy to understand, but if you have any questions, please get in touch via the contact details at the bottom of the page.
Who collects your personal information?
Our business operates under the trading name
of Con Ed Ltd. Our registered company number is 3705702, and our
registered address is 66 Woodland Drive, Watford, WD17 3BZ
Privacy contact: Annette Weatherilt (firstname.lastname@example.org) 01923 219897
How do we collect it?
Con Ed collects your data through our website (www.con-ed.co.uk), our Help Desk and within our business information systems.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, email address and telephone number) when you give this to us as part of registering for a help desk login, completing a website form, making a sales/support enquiry or applying for a job.
As an employee of a contracted customer, in order to provide our services to your organisation, we may need to collect personal information which data protection legislation defines as special category data. This could include information, such as screenshots of data within supported systems that we need in order to investigate and resolve a support case. As a customer you agree to the need for us to process this information as part of your organisation’s contract with Con Ed, or by submitting this information through the Help Desk.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information following a:
- Customer visit/contact – we may contact you to discussed products and solutions you have expressed an interest in during a visit or other contact.
- Help Desk registration – we may use your data to send important updates, advice and other useful information that will help you get the most out of the products and services available to you.
- Product or Service Purchase – we may have obtained your data following the signing of a contract. We may use this data to contact you about product updates, financial queries, renewals and other useful information that will help you get the most out of our products and services.
- Sales Enquiry – you may have contacted us via telephone, email or other channels requesting information about products and services we have to offer.
- Support Enquiry – you may have contacted us via telephone, email or other channels to log a support enquiry about an issue or for general assistance. We may use the data captured to help to resolve your enquiry.
- Job Application – you may have contacted us about a vacant position or been asked to fill out a short questionnaire relating to the job. We will use and retain this information as required to process your application.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal information?
We will only collect and use your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. Our legal basis for processing your personal information are as follows:
- Contractual – We may process personal data with a contract or product purchase. It is important for us to hold this data in order to ensure that we have records from a legal perspective to whom signed and agreed to the terms of agreements and who to contact following issues and/or to send renewal information.
- Consent – Where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have given your consent for us to do so, for example, we will only send you emails and process any sensitive information about you if we have your consent.
- Legitimate Interests – We may use
and process some of your personal information where we have conducted
Legitimate Interest Assessment and have a legitimate business grounds for doing
so. Under European privacy legislation here is a concept of “legitimate
interests” as a justification for processing your personal information. As
such, we may send you direct marketing if you are either an existing customer
or B2B contact.
You have a right to object to our use of your personal information for these legitimate interests.
Where is your data stored?
We store most of Con Ed’s customers’ personal information in our cloud-based business information systems. We use a combination of Microsoft Office365 and Google Cloud applications. Our datacentres are based in the EU. Additional data is stored on our business information systems located on our premises.
How long do we keep your personal information?
All personal data will be held in accordance with Con Ed policy, and historical records will not be held without legitimate reason.
Essentially, we will only hold your personal information on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy statement or until you request it is deleted.
Who do we share your personal information with?
The only people who have access to your personal information are staff within Con Ed whom require access to this to carry out their job in order to provide services to you.
Support information on our Help Desk will also be accessible by members of your organisation who have been assigned a Help Desk Manager role.
In addition we sometimes need to provide access to technical support partners in order deliver contracted support services to your organisation.
What are your rights?
Under data protection legislation you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received this information or, where no such information is required, after we have received your request. This section explains what they are and how you can use them, if you wish.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request.
If you wish to request a copy of your personal information please address requests to email@example.com
Correcting and updating your personal information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by getting in touch with your account manager or our Help Desk.
If you have a Help Desk login, you can make some of these changes yourself by editing your profile.
Erasing your personal information or restricting its processing
You may ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems. Unless we are legally permitted or required to keep the data, we will comply with your request.
You may also ask us to restrict processing your personal information in the following situations:
- Where you believe it is unlawful for us to process the data,
- You have objected to its use and our investigation is pending or you require us to keep it in connection with legal proceedings.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to complete your request as swiftly and diligently as possible.
Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information. They can be contacted via:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 01625 545 700
Changes to our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to us. The date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page. If material changes are made to this Privacy Statement, for instance affecting how we would like to use your personal information, we will provide a more prominent statement (including email notification of the changes to the statement).
If you have any questions or comments regarding the content of this Privacy Statement, please contact:
Or alternatively write to us at
Con Ed Ltd.
66 Woodland Drive