Staff guidance document – Safety Procedures at Con Ed
17th March 2021
We are monitoring procedures and will update these guidelines as and when necessary.
• As a fundamental guideline, we will comply with any rules of the individual school we are visiting.
• On arrival at the school we will not let ourselves in (unless there is no-one at reception) and will check in with the school office to see if there are any restrictions/compliance that needs to be adhered to (i.e. don’t go into class X).
• Wash hands (or sanitise) on arriving and leaving every building. Avoid touching face. Use tissues for coughs or sneezes following up with washing hands. Staff are provided with hand sanitiser to be kept in car.
• Wipe down any equipment with Sani wipes before and after use, for our own protection as well as other user’s protection.
• Maintain a 2-metre separation gap where possible from all other people, including members of the Con Ed team.
• When indoors and at close proximity of other people wear a face mask where possible.
• As a guide, behave as if we are infected and do what we can to avoid passing it onto others. This keeps us and others safe.
• We have created team ‘bubbles’ so that there are normally no more than two members of Con Ed staff out at a school together, limiting cross infection for the team and the schools.
• Anyone with any symptoms must report to Martin or Annette.
• In line with current practice at schools, our team is performing and reporting lateral flow tests twice a week. In the event of a positive result, the staff member will isolate at home. A negative PCR test will be required to return back to schools.